About the Department.
Computer Science & Engineering Branch is started in this institute in year 2000 with the Intake of 40. AICTE increases the existing Intake in year 2008 to 60. This is the 3 years diploma course and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Technical University, Bhopal and recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
This course prepares students for the challenging tasks by providing courses from the abstraction level up until implementation and deployment. Curriculum covers the courses such as basic computing, programming, operating systems, networking, database, as well as Mathematics and Communication Skills. The course is career orienting in nature that open many job opportunities after its successful passing.
Objectives of the Program
- To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue graduate education in Computer Science and Engineering and Allied Engineering disciplines.
To provide students with a solid foundation in engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze & solve engineering problems related to Computer Science and Engineering. Also to prepare student with good scientific and engineering breadth to design system and solve problems. To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skill, teamwork, and an ability to relate engineering to global perspective issues and social context. To provide student with an academic environment that fosters excellence, transparency, leadership and promote awareness of life-long learning.
To develop innovative and technically competent computer professionals.
- To develop employability and entrepreneurship skills.
- To upgrade the existing Infrastructure and Human Resources to keep pace with the emerging technologies.
- To provide quality education with innovations, problem solving skills, leadership qualities, team-spirit, and ethical values.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
Diploma holder will be able to:-
- Identify, analyze, design, develop and maintain software, systems and networks.
- Develop life-long learning attitude towards latest trends in market driven technology.
- Demonstrate professional skills through effective communication, team work, multidisciplinary approach and ethical behavior with concern to society and environment.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- Solve computational problems by applying concepts of programming and mathematical foundation.
- Manage database, web services, computer networks, operating systems, computer hardware.
- Design and develop software by applying concepts of programming and software engineering.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering successfully organized one week workshop from 28th Jan’2019 to 1st Feb’2019 on “cloud computing” sponsored by Directorate of Technical Education (M.P.).
Faculty member from various polytechnic and engineering college of M.P. along with faculty members of S.V. Polytechnic College participated with great curiosity and interest.
Experts from Industries/Institute Like NITTTR, Bhopal, Amazon & Partner Companies have shared latest advancement and application of Cloud Computing in industry. Certified Trainer from Linux Academy gave hands-on experience on cloud Technology by deploying & managing virtual Machines on Centos.
Mr. Manoj Sonkusare was the Coordinator & Mr. Saurabh Tiwari, Ms. Pooja Sharma, Ms. Trupti Dwivedi, & Ms. Goldi Bajaj were the Co-Coordinator of this Workshop.